Ultra-sensitive Accelerator Mass Spectrometry (AMS) Services
Pharmaron employs a NEC 250 KeV SS-AMS (single-stage accelerator mass spectrometer) 14C analytical platform with pg/fg per mL sensitivity which facilitates analysis of very small samples (µL) with ultra-low levels of radioactivity (nCi). Pharmaron’s AMS team can help effectively advance your drug development program and answer any specific compound-related metabolism questions.
Pharmaron employs state-of-the-art AMS technology to help with ADME and IVPK clinical programs. The AMS is configured with two ion sources, each ion source accepting a cathode wheel with 134 samples. This enables us to process >2000 samples per week and allows for sample analysis while the second wheel is prepared with another batch of samples.
- Detector counts 14C, 13C and 12C atoms with typical sensitivity for 14C radiolabelled analytes in biological matrices in the pg or fg per mL range
- Quantifies compounds at levels 1,000 to 10,000-fold lower than LC-MS/MS
- No matrix interferences
- Unaffected by chemical structure
- Applicable to a wide range of 14C-labelled compounds from small molecules to biologics
- Ultra-sensitivity enables the analysis of very small samples from a few µL or µg to a few thousand cells
- Quantifies total [14C] – total radioactivity (TRA)
- Quantifies specific 14C analytes of interest (e.g. parent compound, metabolites) by combining HPLC/UPLC fractionation with AMS (LC-AMS)
- Helps determine extraction and column recoveries, and assess non-specific binding (NSB)
- NEC 250 KeV, Single-Stage Accelerator Mass Spectrometer (SS-AMS)
- Two caesium ion sources
- Each ion source accepts a 134-sample cathode wheel