Safety Pharmacology Services
Safety pharmacology studies are a critical step in any IND-enabling program. Pharmaron’s team of experts evaluate risks associated with cardiovascular, respiratory and central nervous systems in a GLP-compliant manner. In addition, our safety pharmacology team provides services to evaluate programs in the discovery/lead optimization phase, which will save time in the preclinical phase of development.
Pharmaron’s safety pharmacologists incorporate the core battery of testing required for small molecule drugs, including the CNS FOB study, evaluation of respiratory function and cardiovascular assessment including hERG assays. Our safety pharmacology studies can be used to evaluate safety following repeated dosing or potential long-term effects. Safety pharmacology protocols can be incorporated into general toxicology studies.
Core Battery Studies
- Central Nervous System – Functional observation battery models
- Cardiovascular System – Radiotelemetry models
- Respiratory System – Plethysmograph models
in vitro Cardiovascular Risk Evaluation
- Multi-ion channels including hERG
Supplemental Safety Pharmacology Studies
- Renal/urinary system
- Gastrointestinal (GI) system
Pharmacology Efficacy Studies in Multiple Animal Species
- Established models: hemostasis, leukocytopenia, neutropenia, anemia, wounding/healing, thrombosis, cough, allergic conjunctivitis
- Customized disease models
- Species: rodent, non-rodent